Wednesday, March 17, 2010

A new poll on my sidebar

I was getting ready to leave DISH TV today and go to Direct TV.  I had already signed up and scheduled the installation.  In the nick of time, I realized I might still have time left on my contract with Dish, and called them.  Sure enough, if I leave them before February, I pay a penalty.  So I called Direct TV and they cancelled my order.  
The one thing I was really excited about was streaming video.  I watch Dog Whisperer on my computer, and it would be great if I could watch it on my television instead; Cliff could even watch it with me.  
When I called Dish, the lady said they will have a receiver that allows streaming video in a few weeks.  Unfortunately, the cost will likely be more than I want to pay; it was going to be free when I signed with Direct TV.  
Dish did give me HBO and Showtime free for three months, so I got something out of the deal.  
I'd love for my readers to participate in my latest poll, up there on my sidebar.  Cable out here in the country is pretty bad, so that isn't a viable option for me.  We do get good antenna reception, and one day when streaming video is easier to obtain, we might even go back to using an antenna.  When Cliff finally retires, we'll be using an antenna for sure.  We'll be cutting back on a lot of things at that point.
By the way, did you notice I finally took the snowy picture off the header of my blog?  The picture on there now may not be beautiful, but it's what I see when I step out my back door.  And I was really sick of looking at the snow.

9 comments:

  1. Unfortunately it's time to change your quote too:
    "If spring comes can winter be far behind." Me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the reminder, Dave.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We actually switched from Direct TV to AT&T U-Verse, I know it is not an option where you live most likely. We got a great package deal for TV, Internet, and phone... So far so good even got a DVR out of the deal... so now I can record shows that I normally would have to stay awake to see.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, the Dog Whisperer series is still available on the National Geographic channel, isn't it? You could record it...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wil, it was costing me $10 a month to watch the Dog Whisperer on TV, so I downgraded my channels a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the new photo...looks like spring has finally sprung for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just hook your computer up to your tv. Then you can watch it off of your computer but just on a bigger screen.

    Oh, I do like the look of nice brown dirt instead of snow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous2:05 PM

    Dee from Tennessee

    Like the new header and esp the new quote -- love that quote; it's a new one for me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have you looked into Netflix? They have an unbelievable selection of television series and other unique programs.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!