Saturday, March 20, 2010

The Adrian swap meet


Yesterday was another nice day; normally we would have gone to Adrian on the motorcycle, but the weatherman was sure a change in the weather was on its way.  We did not want to be out on the Gold Wing when the temperatures took a plunge.  
The slide show pictures various items for sale at the swap meet.  Cliff only bought a couple of tools.  
   We ended up making it a full day of country-style shopping:  We drove through every tractor sales place we passed, starting with Cook Tractor in Clinton.  We stopped at a little store south of Warrensburg that specializes in Carhartt clothing, because Cliff could use a new coat.  Unfortunately, this place had higher prices than the local farm stores.  We stopped at Kleinschmidts near Higginsville, where I got myself another pair of Muck Boots... short ones for walking in the dew this year.  They were $50, as opposed to the almost $100 I spent for my winter boots.  Obviously, I am a Muck Boot convert.  I think Cliff is too.  
Oh, and today, the first day of spring?  


Here's what my house looks like this morning.

7 comments:

  1. Lindie9:12 AM

    Woke up to the same thing! I need to get some muck boots! Your poll didn't include AT&T's Uverse. I just got it and like it better than Dish tv. Cheaper and faster, clearer. But I just got it and will have to see if all that is true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:13 AM

    great picture of the house...LOL..and oh boy...did somebody play a montrous joke on you...Happy first day of spring!!! LOL..glad you had a good time "shopping"...God Bless..hugs..Ora

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:31 AM

    DONNA, WHICH STATE WITH CLINTON,
    ADRIAN AND WARRENSBURG ? sam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sam, good old Missouri; Adrian is about 75 miles from our home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been watching the Weather Channel's hype about this storm system. It's 67F right now, breezy and partly cloudy, and I have my windows open airing out the apartment. That system is supposed to move through overnight here and drop our temps like a rock, and we may even get some snow from it, but only cosmetic snow as our local TV weather geek calls it: only on grass and roofs, none on the roads and only for looks, and only briefly at that. We'll see.

    But take heart, it's supposed to be back into the upper 60's in a couple of days! One thing about the Midwest, the weather keeps things interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness! I couldn't see the picture of your house on my screen until I scrolled down, so that was indeed a shock!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous1:06 PM

    I THOT THOSE TOWNS WERE MISSOURI.
    I LIVED IN SPRINGFIELD QUITE A FEW YEARS WHEN MY KIDS WERE GROWING UP. sam

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!