Saturday, March 20, 2010

Patrick's Saturday Six


Here are this week’s “Saturday Six” questions. Either answer the questions in a comment at Patrick's Place, or put the answers in an entry on your journal…but either way, leave a link to your journal at Patrick's Place so that everyone else can visit! Permission is not granted to copy the questions to message boards for the purpose of having members answer and play along there. Enjoy!
1. Which was the first childhood story you remember being told to you by your parents or grandparents?  Do "Old King Cole", "Jack Spratt", and "Jack Be Nimble" count?  Because the first stories I recall my parents relating to me were Mother Goose rhymes.  
2. Which was the first childhood story you remember being read to you by your parents or grandparents?  A little Golden Book called "Cookie" about a dog who loved cookies.  I found a copy of it online a few years back, so I have the book again; I now realize it's actually poorly written, even for a children's book.  I think what I loved about it was the descriptions of cookies, which made me want some.  I liked "Little Black Sambo" because it made me want pancakes when the tiger turned into pancake syrup.
3. Which was the first novel you remember reading for your own pleasure, not for a class assignment?  Heidi
4. Which was the first novel you remember reading that really pulled you into the story?  Heidi; I could almost taste the cheese and bread that Grandfather made!  Do you see a pattern here?  I loved food!
You Are Alice








You are curious, brave, and inquisitive. You can't help but be interested in the world around you.

You are a bit of a loner and a total daydreamer. Your inner world is very colorful and vivid.

At times, your real life seems dull and completely unbearable. You wish you could escape to a whole other world.

While you have a wild spirit, you are quite gentle and polite. You tend to observe more than act - and you tread lightly.





6. Which childhood story would you most enjoy telling to your kids?  My favorite story to tell all little children is "The Three Little Pigs", doing silly voices for all the characters.

1 comment:

  1. Oddly enough, I got "Alice" too. I was afraid there for a minute I would get the Queen of Hearts/Red Queen.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!