Saturday, March 06, 2010

I have tomato plants!

OK, maybe you can't call them plants yet, just germinated seeds.  But still, it means there's life there.  (Click on the picture if you have trouble seeing the seedlings.)  
One thing I neglected to mention in my entry last night was the actual spring-like weather we had yesterday:  The sun was shining and temperatures got up around fifty, I think.  There was a pretty stiff breeze, so it still felt coolish.  But it was the best weather day we've had since sometime in November, or maybe even before that.  Today it's overcast and rain is headed our way soon; but the temperature is still more like it should be this time of year.  Today is the first time in ages that the ground hasn't been frozen solid when I went out to do morning chores.  There are better days ahead, folks!

3 comments:

  1. You do give us some hope there. We are still quite frozen and snow covered here but the sun is supposed to shine today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see those sprouts very well. Come on spring. Helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. (((Donna)))
    So very sorry it's been so long since I've stopped by. Forgive? I haven't even been blogging. School is just really taking up my time, plus volunteering and getting hubby ready for his upcoming surgery.

    I am going to start some seedlings here in the house pretty quick. Mostly flowers. But our growing season here in Vegas is so odd because of the hot, dry heat and early growing season. Bobby and I will probably have most of our vegies planted within the next 2 weeks or so. We are going to do the Topsy Turvy planting like last year. The plants and vegies came out so good and it was so much fun! Did you ever get to see the pictures? We had tomatoes, zucchinis, cucumbers, eggplants and much more! And Bobby even made several of his own Topsy Turvy planters that were amazing! OH, I forgot, we even had strawberries....tons of them :)
    You take care and I will make a better effort to stop by more :)

    Big Hugs, Gayla

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!