Monday, March 08, 2010

A dog party

Our daughter and her husband had a fence built around their back yard to keep their dog, Hawkeye, from getting tossed into doggy jail.  Yesterday Rachel and Kevin had a barbecue to celebrate the approach of spring and the wonderful new fence.  Kevin's mom and grandma were there already; oldest granddaughter Amber spent Saturday night here, so she went with us, along with Pat and Charlene and Rena.
Pat and Charlene had their dog, Mindy, of course.  As they were loading her up to go the two miles to my daughter's house, it occurred to me that Sadie could go!  After all, there's a fence now.  Granddaughter Amber took her mini-pin, and Rena loaded up her mini-doxie.  Once they were all inside the fence, what a mix that was, all of them running in different directions at once.
It was really hard to get all five dogs in one picture; this is the best I could do:  Sadie, Mindy, Hawkeye, Angel, with Sophie in the distance; Sophie is rather anti-social.
Granddaughter Natalie joined the dogs for awhile, and even found a stick to throw for Sadie.
Here's a short video of the action right after we all arrived:

I will tell you that Sadie really didn't enjoy the party that much:  Every time I stepped outside, she came to the fence and barked at me as if to say, "Take me home!"  And once we took her to the car to load her up, she couldn't wait to jump into her kennel.  

8 comments:

  1. Why does everyone except me have black dogs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because you're the only one who's prejudiced?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hee hee cute entry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My kids all have dogs and when we get together very often they bring their dogs and they all get along just fine. I'm always amazed. It's like they know they are family and like to play with each other. It's good to know Hawkeye is safe from the law now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I figured the fence was just to keep out those wild hogs I keep seeing on TV. Have they eaten Independence yet?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, that got me wondering too. I figure he's had one too many adult beverages and he's been watching some redneck show on TV.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Me thinks Sadie doesn't much enjoy going partying. Helen

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!