Friday, March 19, 2010

We sneaked in a motorcycle ride

Yesterday we had sunshine and temperatures in the sixties; the weatherman was saying that today things go sour and it will start to rain.  Tomorrow we might get four to six inches of snow.  With that in mind, Cliff took the day off work and cleaned up the motorcycle a little; shortly after noon we were off, headed to Scott's Bargain Barn in Excelsior Springs.  
I had tossed together our typical hobo lunch:  two cans of sardines, some Hi Ho crackers, carrot sticks, yogurt for me, an apple for Cliff, and a couple of 100 Calorie bags of cookies.  Even at sixty degrees, we were a little chilled from the ride, so we didn't touch the Diet Coke I had packed in ice and taken along.  
 I feel sorry for people who don't enjoy picnics.


The picnic table looked like somebody had been walking on it, so Cliff went back to the bike to get a plastic tablecloth we carry with us. 
Because of the nice weather, a lot of parents had brought their preschool kids to climb on the playground equipment.  I didn't get a good picture of them because I was afraid if I got too close and they saw a stranger taking pictures of their babies, they might think I was some kind of weirdo.  And honestly, looking at this next photo, I couldn't have blamed them. 


After we were done eating, we left the shelter so we could sit in the sun, and I decided to take a picture of the two of us by holding the camera at arms length and shooting.  I almost didn't share this because I look so silly, but then I thought, "My blogger buddies have seen me look silly before."


Cliff really enjoyed his after-lunch coffee in the sunshine.  


It's time for us to get the license for our motorcycle renewed, so we stopped in Lexington and got it inspected.  We also got a footlong cold-cut combo at Subway to share for supper.  
And now I say, "Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!"

9 comments:

  1. I am driving I70 again today, although not all in the open like you two :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea to sneak in this ride and picnic!! The two of you look great :)
    I can't believe you're getting more snow. I hope removing the bubble wrap from the rest of my windows won't bite me in the butt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool! I'm from the Northland area so it's really nice to read a blog from there. I remember how I found your blog... I was doing a trivia "test" for our weekly staff meeting and did a search on Snake Saturday - and found your post on the subject.

    Most of my family still lives up there and I'm back as often as I can be.

    I haven't figured out how to take a picture of myself holding the camera out.

    Teresa

    word verification: hippitat... Look at the hippos in the hippitat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that's a fine picture of you two. It was nice you could celebrate our one day of Spring with a ride!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like fun! I'm boycotting the snow. I have to drive to rehearsals for the oldest this weekend. Yuck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous10:43 AM

    when our kids were young and we were traveling...picnics were the only way to go..exercise for the kids...and relaxing for us all..plus potty breaks etc...yuppers..picnics are the best...and we still enjoy from time to time...and about the pic..it is cute...you both look like you are having so much fun..and the sun on your faces just makes it all better...God Bless...hugs...Ora

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hurray for you! No you don't look silly at all -- you look marvelously HAPPY!!!! Glad you got out on a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous12:44 PM

    THAT'S LIVING. sam

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great that you were able to get a ride in before the snow. I hope you get lucky and the snow misses you, and it warms back up quickly.
    Have a great weekend, Sheila

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!