Saturday, October 04, 2008

The cornfield maze

Looks pretty spectacular, right? I saw this picture on a website before we left home and was reminded that I had always wanted to go through a cornfield maze. Cliff wasn't enthusiastic, but he likes to try and keep me happy.

So away we went on a trek through ten acres of corn, just next to the cider mill. With our biker boots on.

It started off just fine.

Except for the waste-water stink of this little lagoon. (Click on the picture to read the sign.)


Don't I look happy to be fulfilling my dream of wandering through a corn maze?

He's laughing at me here, asking, "What did you expect? It's a cornfield!"

Did you know that all cornstalks look alike?

Honestly, I didn't know it would be so boring. And with all that walking in the sun wearing our heavy boots, we were getting hot.

So we finally took a shortcut through the cornstalks, and made our getaway.

9 comments:

  1. That's funny! We did a huge one a couple of years ago. It was work I tell you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That makes me feel claustrophobic not knowing the way out! lol! I think I would have taken the short cut too!! It's beautiful though, can't imagine doing all that cutting and having it come out right!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well at least I got to like that dream vicariously Mo. Loved the pictures and Cliffs comment. Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. sure looks pretty from the top and now you can say you did it. Good for you!
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  5. The aerial view looks spectacular!

    Yep! The cornstalks look all the same alright... not knowing how to get to the centre, how do you maneuver you way out so quickly and in which direction through the cornstalks then?

    Silly question, but I'd like to know.

    You guys are fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The corn maze is fun at night with flashlights and ghouls jumping out at you. Today 'we' went to a local farm and their corn maze. We were given interactive instructions -- no kidding -- and because we made a jingle up along the way and sang it to the attendant when we finally exited, we were given apple cider donuts! Silly & fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL! we used to take the kids to corn mazes in Montana; they always had a lot of fun; I was always ready to get out of the maze; especially at night, especially around Halloween when they would "haunt" the mazes with monsters that would pop up and scare you

    looks like it was a fun day though :)

    glad you "found" me again; I went MIA for 15 months due to a family crisis and just started back earlier this year :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't think I would do that. I'd get claustrophobic! Glad you had the chance to do that.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  9. Donna, that was funny...
    loopymama

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!