Friday, October 03, 2008

Perfect day for a motorcycle ride!

Ah yes, the lure of the open road. Cliff found out he had more vacation days left than he realized; why not burn one today?

We decided to ride to the Sunflower state, Kansas.

That's a Kansas barn.

This was our destination. Considering it isn't even the weekend yet, they were doing quite a business.

That's me, sitting amid the pumpkins.

The apples are being washed and taken by conveyor into the cider-making room.

They go through this machine to get crushed (I think)

And the juice is squeezed out of the pulp here.

We bought a jug of cider to go with our crackers and sardines. Good stuff!

More tomorrow about today's ride.

4 comments:

  1. lovethe pic of you amidst the pumkins!
    have a good wkend.
    huggies

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pic of you in the pumpkin patch... so glad to find you and I think I'm now finally feeling organized slightly enough to venture out and come forth with comments. LOL what an experience this is with all of us having to find each other and mass migrate.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love fresh cider! Also hot spiced cider at Christmas and on frosty days.

    I wouldn't mind having some apples to dry. I've got a new dehydrator on order that should be here in a week or so.

    Happy weekend, Donna! ;o)

    Love and hugs,

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your picture with the pumpkins looks great!

    The cider looks delicious from all the way across the oceans. The sky is always clear blue there. I love it!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!