Monday, March 08, 2021

I appreciate my cat. God bless my small-town veterinarian!

Blue came home starving.  He demanded food, so I gave him dry cat food, but sparingly.  I had to put him in the laundry room so Gabe couldn't steal his food.  He is in every way his old self.   

Gabe smells Blue on the other side of the door and wants to join him for breakfast.
Gabe knows Blue is on the other side of that door

The vet had to give him his antibiotics by injection, since he couldn't hold pills down, and it must have worked well.  Blue meowed all the way home and when he came inside, after spending a minute or two using his scratching post thoroughly, he filled his belly.  He, Gabe, and I went outside together for a few minutes.  When I was ready to bring Gabe inside, Blue accompanied us.  Now he's walking around wondering where he's been since Friday morning, checking out all his favorite spots in our home.  And he is drinking a lot of water.

He loves being at the top of the tree.  Sometimes I feed him there so Gabe can't bother him.

He wanted to see if anyone had been sleeping in his bed

He scratched and stretched and scratched again.

Of course Blue had to check in with Mama Kitty...

And God bless small-town and country veterinarians everywhere.  My cat is healed, for a paltry $120.  Notice the first charge on the bill is not actually a charge; it's a deduction.  I was paid back for the pills I couldn't use for Blue.  Cliff's  St. Louis sister used to bring their dog across the state when they were visiting relatives because he was so much cheaper than St. Louis vets. 


I am grateful to God for hearing and answering my prayers.


14 comments:

  1. So glad that Blue is home and well! He seems very happy to reacquaint himself with his people, animal friends and special toys. That amount would be a regular check up here with NO treatment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whew! I was worried. So glad Blue is back to normal (?) Ha...whatever is normal for a cat. Good vet -- we have a couple around here who charge huge fees and another couple who are within reason.....for the same treatments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The closer we get to Kansas City, the higher the bill, for the most part. If my cat or dog ever get sick again, I will take them to the vet immediately and find out if I can afford it. Blue was limping and I assumed his leg was broken while also assuming I wouldn't be able to afford a broken leg.

      Delete
  3. Wonderful! Thank God for compassionate vets too. ~Andrea xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not only a good vet but one that doesn't want you to put his kids through college. So glad Blue is Ok now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a special vet. I bet at some clinics that bill would have been over a 1000 dollars.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mom! I'm so glad he is home and healthy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is wonderful news. I'm glad he's safe and sound and feeling better, glad to be home. you got the right vet who cared more about healing your precious pet than lining his pockets with gold.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so happy Blue is feeling better. It sounds like you have a good sensible vet, who has is hands and heart in it to help the animals, not to help himself to all of the money he can get from people.

    It was cute the way Blue was checking out all of his favorite places, and there was Gabe right along behind him. I noticed one picture where Gabe was sniffing Blue doing his own check up on him.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am delighted Blue is well!! I am a cat person myself.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good to hear about Blue not being so blue anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so happy that Blue is home!! Thank God for a good and caring Vet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww! I'm glad he's doing better!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!