Sunday, October 05, 2008

The aging meme

Sunday Stealing: The Aging Meme

The Aging Meme: All you have to do is either finish the sentence or fill in the blanks...

At a certain age women should: start believing in themselves.

At a certain age men should: realize life is short and get those toys they'd love to have.

When I was a kid I thought I would: grow up to be an Indian. Seriously!

Now that I am older I wish: I had been able to grow up to be an Indian.

You know you are too old to party when: you go to sleep before the party starts.

You know you are too young to retire when: hmmm, this one draws a blank.

When I was in high school I listened to the music of: Pat Boone, Elvis, Conway Twitty (before he was country), and many others.

Nowadays I find I like the music of: Iris Dement, John Prine, Johnny Cash, Loudon Wainwright III, Waylon Jennings, etc. etc.

On my last birthday I: enjoyed my "new" home.

On my next birthday I want to: keep on appreciating what I have.

The best birthday present I ever got was: This mobile home!

The first time I felt grown up was: So far I haven't felt grown up. I'll let you know if it happens.

The last time I felt like a kid was: today

When I read Egermeier's Bible Story Book, it changed my life.

Last year was: good, but not as great as this year.

Next year I hope: I can still enjoy life.

6 comments:

  1. Great meme! I love that you appreciate what you have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never knew Conway Twitty did anything but country!

    I've been reading some of your past posts trying to catch up. Love that corn maze! I went in one last year and was totally lost very soon. I thought about cheating like you did but thankfully since I hadn't went in very far I found the way out and didn't roam around in there like I thought I would. It was a hot day and not a good time to be wandering around in the corn! Still they are neat the way they do them.

    Your garden will be fantastic and I'm sure Cliff will get a nice plow and enjoy every minute of it!

    It is sad that the AOL bloggers are being shut down. Geez

    ReplyDelete
  3. Conway Twitty's "Only Make Believe" is one of my favorite songs of all time.

    I also love Iris Dement, especially "Our Town", and John Prine's "Paradise" and "Let's Talk Dirty In Hawaiian". Johnny Cash is also an all time favorite.

    Happy new week, Donna. I'm thinking you'll probably be the owner of a new plow by Wednesday at the latest. ;-)

    Hugs,

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the "sleep before the party starts" bid. That is funny, and so true... like my Dad falls asleep before anything else too.

    Good and funny answers. Young at heart is the way I want to be too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved the answers in your meme!! Have a great week ahead!!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous8:02 AM

    I grew up in ST Joseph and Conway Twitty used to play at the Frog Hop there. My sister had a crush on his bass guitar player and when Conway and the band took a break we got to sit at their table. It was all so innocent back then! Not like the groupies today. And we loved the bouncy floor at the Frog Hop!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!