Monday, October 20, 2008

Sunday ride, part 2

From Holt, where we ate lunch, it was only twenty miles to my cousin's house.

Unfortunately, he and his wife weren't home when we arrived.

Gerald quite wisely keeps all his restoration projects under lock and key, so there was no looking at those.

Cliff said, "Well, since we're here, let's go look at the tractor; I haven't seen it for awhile."

As if it would have changed in six months' time.


"Hmmm, he has quite an oil leak here."

"Something isn't right there."

Cliff keeps up a running conversation with himself when he's looking at tractors.

"Huh, he just bolted the hydraulics to the right fender." (This said in a slightly disapproving tone; Cliff thinks aesthetics are important when it comes to tractors.)

Materials for future car restoration projects, neatly stored away.

These are project cars my cousin may get to someday.

After leaving a note on their front door, we headed home.


When Cliff sees a tractor sitting along the road somewhere, he'll usually ask questions like, "What series is that?" or "Is that an 'H', or an 'M'?" He doesn't expect an answer from me, because at the speed we're going, I can't often make out what sort of tractor it is. And I probably wouldn't know anyhow.

Now that's a bigger herd of horses than I usually see.

We would have enjoyed visiting with my cousin, but it was a good ride. I'm glad we went.

5 comments:

  1. Hey there! I'm back and will write an entry. Just wanted to thank you for the kick in the butt...Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Men have the strangest conversations, don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always good for you two to get out for your ride. I wouldn't know one tractor from another or one horse from the other, but I enjoyed the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too abd about your cousin not being at home. LOL about Cliff

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice pictures.... good that it was a nice day for a ride....
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!