Sunday, October 12, 2008

colorful things, and nostalgia

This sunrise greeted me this morning. I love sunrises.

I went to the woods to scout out some more young Chinquepin Oak trees and noticed the lovely red of the sumac.

Then I saw our old camper and began to wax nostalgic; the older I get, the more easily this "waxing" becomes. Just to let you know how easily my mind wanders, after typing that sentence I had to go to an online dictionary and see why anybody would use the word "wax" in that manner:
wax2 (wăks) pronunciation
intr.v., waxed, wax·ing, wax·es.
  1. To increase gradually in size, number, strength, or intensity.
  2. To show a progressively larger illuminated area, as the moon does in passing from new to full.
  3. To grow or become as specified: “could afford … to wax sentimental over their heritage” (John Simon).

[Middle English waxen, from Old English weaxan.]


But I digress.

Since we've been riding motorcycles, we seldom use the pop-up camper. Cliff got it out last year thinking we'd sell it on Craigslist, but the memories got to him and he just couldn't. And he's the guy that doesn't really like to camp! After another year of the camper being unused, he's decided we really do need to let it go. He mentioned it at work and a fellow there said he'd take it in a couple of weeks.

So we're going through it today and removing anything we might want to keep.

We sure had some good times in that thing.








5 comments:

  1. It looks like you all did have some wonderful memories in the camper! What a fun time you must of had many times.

    I had to laugh at your waxing deal! I digress all the time! I have to watch my self or I am off on something else so easy!!!Have a nice Sunday afternoon and maybe take a nap for me!! Hugs, Grams

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Mom used to say something was "Waxing and waning." I haven't heard that in a long time used like that.
    I like your camper. Glad it will find a good home.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. BEAUTIFUL SUNRISE.... I have to get myself up earlier..... I usually stay up late because everyone is in bed and I can read without tv's on etc.... Your home and garage look so nice...
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww... Farewell camper! But just think - a whole new family will have fun new memories to make inside it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful sunrise!! sounds like a good idea to sell the camper for a new family to start making their own memories in :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!