Tuesday, April 15, 2008

I rode yesterday

We've finally gotten a break in the winter weather.

If you click on the picture, you might be able to see the horse Blue sees.

Different horses, same pose. It amazes me how horses notice one another at such a great distance.

I was about two miles away from home and saw a familiar-looking, unfinished house on the horizon. Oh yeah, that's my next-door neighbor's house, the one he's taking forever to finish.

Cattle enjoying the sunshine. Usually by mid-April the trees are leafed out. Not this year.
Farmer John's calves got up and stretched when I got too close to them with my horse.

So it's true, the grass really is greener on the other side of the fence.

(If you got here VIA Wordless Wednesday, sorry about that. I left the link to my blog, then changed my mind about staying "wordless".)

11 comments:

  1. I'm glad you got out to enjoy the greener grass! These are lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The calves are looking vulnerable and very cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful shots! Happy WW Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful shots. Don't worry about not being wordless.. we all do wordy posts from time to time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how I am longing to get out and ride and see some green grass and sunshine. All I seem to be doing lately is grooming all that old winter hair. Maybe tomorrow will be good and I can get in at least a little ride. Off in a few minutes for another CT scan on the ole' noggin. $3500.00 for the darned thing, thank goodness for insurance!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice shots, I so miss riding.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pictures! We use to run cattle, grow crops, and ride. Now we just enjoy the land, mow alot, and spend our weekends working on trails through the woods instead. I sometimes miss it, but the new way is so much easier! Enjoyed the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous10:38 AM

    That was a fun horse back ride. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I bet Blue was as happy as you to stretch his legs

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a nice time to ride. Should be a therapeutic time for you.

    Looking at your photos made me want to know more. Your post made me read more about horses... laminitis and founder.

    It ultimately made me read more about hamsters and discover more about them and the diseases these creatures can contract.

    Making caring for our hammies that much confident and comforatble.

    Thanks for being inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful "horse eye views" of the ranch and the cattle. And, yup, the grass does always appear greener on the other side. Very nice blog!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!