Wednesday, April 16, 2008

our morning walk

Can you see the purple on the river bottom? That's from a weed called hensbit. Soon the farmers will be planting corn and soybeans there. (Click on the picture to make it bigger and you'll see the purple better.)

Sadie found a stick.

Cliff stole it from her.

Nana-nana-boo-boo, I'll keep it from you.

"Gimme that," says Sadie, right before she grabs it.

Here she's drinking water from a horse hoof-print left in the wet ground where a spring comes out of the hillside.

3 comments:

  1. I love the photo of Sadie drinking out of the hoof print.
    I rode today and it was lovely. Breezy and warm, just perfect. Took it easy on the old guys and we only rode about an hour. I felt it too! Did some body clipping, I am so bad at that but it got a lot of dirty old hair off the side that Buddy lays on. He's very nasty in his stall. :o(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Purple?!

    Why do you call it the river-bottom. Did a river ever run by there before drying up?

    Are the leaves or the flowers that make the color purple? Very interesting sight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna,

    I think Sadie and Preacher are long lost cousins!!! She does look a lot like him.

    I

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!