Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Thursday Thirteen

As I write about a wider variety of subjects here on Blogger, more and more people are led to this spot in cyberspace through the Google search engine. Thanks to the Site Meter, I’m able to see how folks arrived here, how long they stayed, and sometimes where they’re from; yep, I can see when my next-door neighbor reads my blog. And the nice lady who helped Cliff secure his present job. Site Meter rocks! Anyway, here are...

Thirteen Google searches that brought people to my blog:

1. “I hate motorcycles” - Don’t ask me how that person got here; I like our motorcycle.
2. “John Denver Songs” - Yes, I’ve mentioned him a time or two and even linked to a Youtube video.
3. “Can’t catch horse” - That led to an entry I did about "hard-to-catch horses". I can catch my horses, but someone left a comment about how they can’t catch their horse, and in a google search, comments come into play also.
4. “Big red wedding cakes” - I did an entry on my wedding cake. It wasn’t red. I didn’t wear red. Who knows?
5. “Subway hooray for Tuesday” - Oh yeah, Cliff and I were doing this almost weekly until we grew tired of it.
6. “Pretty horse eyes” - Nobody’s horses have prettier eyes than my horses.
7. “Shenandoah I long to hear you” - I put this sentence in the subject line of an entry, and almost daily someone googles that song and ends up here.
8. “Horses unshod” - Yep. Blue is unshod.
9. “Pioneer woman ree” - You bet! Ree is the best blog I’ve ever read. It’s why she has about two million readers. Oh, okay... two thousand?
10. “Kris Kristofferson beat the devil youtube” - Kris is another favorite of mine. Yes, I did a Youtube entry with him singing.
11. “Sears Suburban garden tractor” - Right HERE.
12. “Cliff Elevator” - I mentioned Cliff, my husband, in an entry about the elevator someone uses as living quarters.
13. “Older Circle-Y saddle” - Bingo! That’s what I use when I ride.

For more Thursday Thirteen entries, click HERE.

21 comments:

  1. My personal favorite for my site is "lewd ladies"

    Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too have some different people getting to my site in some very different ways also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:33 PM

    Love ree too, thanks to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:51 PM

    How do you know how they search?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Toni, you put Sitemeter on your blog and it tells you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. THNX for stopping by. I am really enjoying your blog. Will be adding it to my bloglines!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha... I always love these lists. It's amazing what can lead people to our blogs. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I tried to figure out site meter and either no one has found my blog through google or I just don't know where to look.

    Cliff elevator?? Some weird searches out there.
    thanks for stopping by, have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh how fun, I must go see how people are coming to my site now. :) For those that don't know if you have a mybloglog account you can check the stats there. That's how I do it. Interesting on the redweddingcakes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous8:48 AM

    Those google stats are always a trip. I haven't figured out how to add Site Meter to my Live Journal, but I shudder to think of what I would see.

    BTW, your horse has gorgeous eyes. I'd love to have a horse trust me that much. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous10:50 AM

    Great list! It's so funny sometimes to see how people end up at your blog isn't it?

    I'm a daily Ree reader too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It amazes me the words that bring people to my blog LOL! Great list :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous11:25 AM

    This is a GREAT idea. I have a google alert for SusieJ -- and some of the things that are being said about me -- that aren't me -- are funny.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is always interesting to see what searches people use to find various blogs. Some of them are bizarre and some make sense!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cool list and great take on the topic! Have a happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ree is a great read!

    hows the flooding?

    I hope its not too bad near you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like John Denver too. Thanks for stopping by my TT on pets.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anonymous10:35 PM

    They all seem to make sense in a way, perhaps a few stray words. I have a photoblog called The Naked Eye, so you can imagine some untoward searches... I also once wrote about having a rash behind my ear and I get lots of searches about that.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anonymous11:14 PM

    I am intrigued by the way the google spiders work to catalog a site. I have people looking for "evil chicken poems" on my stats.

    Great list. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That's a great idea for a 13 list! I might have to borrow that . . . and give you full credit, of course.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!