Monday, May 07, 2007

More thoughts from my cabin

Among the books at my cabin is a complete set of The Book of Knowledge, published in the mid-1950's. My daughter inherited these books when they bought their house, and she let me have them.

When you open up the cover of any volume, here's what you see. I loved this, when I was ten years old!

A picture of a "modern" assembly line.


I made a recent entry about locust thorns.




It seems that in the 1950's, smoke was a good sign. My, how times have changed.

Click on any of the pictures to make them larger.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:16 AM

    As soon as I saw that book cover my nose filled with the pungent smell of the volumes of the same books my dad has in the house where I gew up! I'm not sure what year his set was published..probably around the same time as yours, thanks for the memory!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!