Friday, May 11, 2007

Old hankies


In March, I posted an entry entitled, "What Do You Do With Old Hankies?".

I had half a grocery-sack full of old hankies, most of which had belonged to my mom or my grandmother, and I didn't know what to do with them.

In the comment section of that entry, Robbie left this comment: "One of the crafty, creative bloggers that I follow makes pillows and sachets out of them. Maybe you could deal direct with her and do a barter. She makes you a pillow or sachet out of the hankies of your choosing and she gets the rest to do with what she wants. That way you keep something for memories sake that isn't hiding in a drawer and you don't have to make it. :-) Here's a link to one of her hankie sachets: http://primrosedesign.blogspot.com/2007/02/new-sachets.html

I contacted this lady, Janet, and we indeed worked out a deal. She made me some pillows using some of my old hankies, I gave her the rest in trade for her work. My pillows are on their way now. She sent me pictures of two of them, and that's what you see on this page. See more of her creations at Primrose Design.

Isn't the Internet wonderful? You toss a question to your cyber-friends, they toss back some suggestions, and once in awhile something happens that you'd never have dreamed of by yourself.

5 comments:

  1. Wish I had known about her a few years ago when I gave away piles and piles of never-used hankies I found among my mother's things! Those pillows are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:58 PM

    That is absolutely AWESOME! What a win-win trade. The pillows are gorgeous.
    Blessings,
    ~Toni~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna, I'm so glad that you're happy with the pillows and that we were able to connect and work out a trade!

    Just wanted to mention that I also make pillows from vintage towels, tablecloths, linens, and just about anything pretty that I find in my travels. Some of them are for sale on my website (www.primrosedesign.com). And I'm always happy to do custom work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love win-win situations! I'm glad it worked out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow-gorgeous pillows! and a neat way to keep an heirloom.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!