Wednesday, May 16, 2007

My nine-year-old granddaughter riding Blue

Natalie is a natural when it comes to horses; she's ridden Blue from time to time for a couple of years. Last autumn, though, Blue found out if he wanted to turn around with Natalie riding, he could pull it off; this caused Natalie to lose confidence.

Now that we have the round pen, I intend to let the girls have more chances to ride Blue; I'm sure Natalie will get her confidence back and be able to give orders to Blue. I never worry about form or proper leads; I just want the girls to be able to safely enjoy a horse. I was cutting the girls' heads off today in videos, for some reason. Oh, you'll hear Monica chattering away in the background telling me how to keep a horse from running away.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Donna! Thanks for saying hello---my goodness my daughter would love the chance to ride a horse! Okay, you've got me intrigued now--where are you from? (you can email me if you'd rather!) Hope your evening is blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well now, I guess I don't know as much as I thought I did! I see it on the map, right east of me but I've never heard of Wellington. Since I was raised north of St. Joseph, in Savannah, I tend to gravitate northward when I do gravitate, lol. Looks as if I need to get out more :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! I still don't have a round pen so I'm a little green around the edges with envy! What size is yours?

    ReplyDelete
  4. My round pen is 50 feet across.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I had a round pen. Brook is a bit apprehensive now also.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!