Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Hooray for Tuesdays


When Subway has their "Hooray for Tuesday" thing going, Cliff and I patronize them once a week. We split a foot-long meatball sub right there and have water for our drink; and we also get a cold-cut combo for our supper. Two meals for two people, $6 plus tax. It's lots more sodium than I'd like, but the calories aren't bad at all.

I do love bargains.

However, last Tuesday Cliff figured that, for that price, he could afford to buy foot-long subs for the twin boys next door. That brings the price up a lot, because they get chips and soda with theirs. They have helped him haul hay a lot in the past, though. So it's OK. Besides, Cliff just plain
likes them. And he has some extra pocket money since selling a tractor.

Yesterday I told Cliff, "I'll bet you see the twins tomorrow."

"Why do you say that?" he asked.

"Because tomorrow is Subway day."

Sure enough, at 11:30, about the time I was done working with my horses, here they came.

So much for saving money.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!