Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Thursday Thirteen: Edition "L"

1. Lucky: I prefer the term "blessed", but yes, I consider myself lucky. If I were to die tonight, I feel life doesn't owe me a thing. It's been a great ride.

2. Libby: One of the most positive experiences I've had with horses was with a filly named Libby. I didn't succeed in breaking her to ride, but she left me a much better person for knowing her. That little lady had heart. I was blessed to have spent time with her.


3. Lemon pie: My sister's recipe is the best. You'll find that recipe HERE.

4. Liberty, Missouri: My husband works there.

5. Liver: We had beef liver this week (another of the things my husband shouldn't be eating). The liver came from a steer we recently butchered whose name was Meatloaf. The liver-and-onions were delicious.

6. Lexington, Missouri: A nearby city that's jam-packed with history. A Civil War battlefield, the Anderson House museum, and lots of antebellum homes.

7. Lionel Richie: I discovered him late in life, but one of his songs is part of a favorite memory: my daughter, driving, took me to Georgia to see my son graduate boot camp; on the way home she was fighting sleep, and a certain song came on the radio: "Come on, Mom," she said. "Sing it with me." Here's the song:



8. Life: "I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, the blessing and the curse. So choose LIFE in order that you may live, you and your descendants..." Deuteronomy 30:19

9. lettuce: The lettuce I planted in my garden in February is up and growing.

10. loner: That's me.

11. Luke: My favorite of the four Gospels.

12. love: "But now we still have faith, hope, love, these three; and the greatest of these is love." I Corinthians 13:13

13. Lyndsay: My youngest grandchild. My little Georgia peach. Here's a picture of her riding my big horse, Blue, last July:

5 comments:

  1. There you are! I had lost you....You stopped writing in your other blog...thanks for stopping over at mine. It's not often I blog but it's nice to know the faithfuls like you are still around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great Thursday Thirteen! I always enjoy your lists. Lionel Ritchie was always one of my favorites 'back in the day'. Remember that song well. It's 3:30 AM, can't sleep so am checking out my favorite reads. Stinks when you can't sleep, especially when I know I really need it! Grrrrrr...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had a great entry today. I love the quote from Deuteronomy about CHOOSING LIFE. I think I've done the same as you and embraced it to the fullest. We are blessed !

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was fun to read. I always enjoy these entries.

    ReplyDelete
  5. speaking of lemon pie i have an lemonade award for you :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!