Sunday, March 01, 2009

Saturday Six (a day late)


Here are this week’s “Saturday Six” questions. Either answer the questions in a comment at Patrick's Place, or put the answers in an entry on your journal…but either way, leave a link to your journal at Patrick's Place so that everyone else can visit! To be counted as “first to play,” you must be the first player to either answer the questions in a comment or to provide a complete link to the specific entry in your journal in which you answer the questions. A link to your journal in general cannot count. Enjoy!

1. When you write on your blog, are you more often trying to entertain, inform or persuade? I don't think I try to persuade, and I don't consider myself much of an informer or entertainer. I just write about my life and thoughts. I think perhaps I blog just so somebody will know I exist.

2. Do you feel you’re successful most of the time? At letting people know I exist? Yes, and it amazes me the number of people who read this mess.

3. Do you consider yourself to be more bold online than in person, or the other way around? I am possibly more blunt in person, but I've managed to step into plenty of doo-doo online a time or two.

4. Who would be most embarrassed if they read your blog? I'm pretty sure I've embarrassed my husband and my daughter a time or two. Not deliberately.

5. Take the quiz: What Kind of Communicator Are You?




You Communicate Passionately



You speak from the heart. You can't separate your feelings from what you're saying, even in a professional context.

You tend to speak dramatically, with lots of passion and emotion. It's easy for you to get swept up in what you're saying.



You like to connect with people early on so that you can personalize what you are saying to them.

When you converse, you try to find common ground and harmony. Even if you disagree with someone, you try to emphasize where you agree.


6. What do you think the biggest change has been in your online writing in the past year? I don't know that my writing has changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!