Thursday, March 19, 2009

Quotes seen today

I regularly start my day with a blog that always gives me a lift. "On The Bright Side" made the move from AOL with so many others of us, when AOL closed down journals. Sometimes I read every word, other times I just skim over it quickly, which is what I was doing today when some quotes near the top caught my eye.

"It was one of those March days when the sun shines hot and the wind blows cold: when it is summer in the light, and winter in the shade." Charles Dickens

So often in the spring I'm putting on my coat, then taking it off, then getting chilled and putting it on again... over and over.

"Hoe while it is spring, and enjoy the best anticipations.

It is not much matter if things do not turn out well." Charles Dudley Warner

I can relate to that one; many is the time I've started out planting early and eagerly; but when the heat of summer comes along or I'm discouraged by drought or blight, the garden takes a back seat, sometimes growing up in weeds... at which time Cliff mows the whole thing because he can't stand weeds. If that happens this year, it will be doubly embarrassing, with all my blog-readers watching. But I read these words and realize my spring efforts are never wasted. Look at the fun I'm having right now!

Since I enjoyed the above lines so much, I went on a search for more springtime quotes and found these:

Spring is nature's way of saying, "Let's party!" ~Robin Williams

I love spring anywhere, but if I could choose I would always greet it in a garden. ~Ruth Stout

Spring shows what God can do with a drab and dirty world. ~Virgil A. Kraft

Every spring is the only spring - a perpetual astonishment. ~Ellis Peters

2 comments:

  1. I think this writer loves the same quote site I go to all the time. For me, Spring just renews the 'spring' in my step every year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you were so inspired this morning! There is just nothing quite like Spring to make us all feel better and want to be outdoors watching things come to life and grow again.
    Have a great Thursday! 'On Ya'-ma

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!