Monday, January 25, 2010

Why YOU should try Sparkpeople, just for a day

You can see on the right, at the top of my sidebar, that I'm promoting Sparkpeople.com. It's free, and it's the best site ever to help you track what you eat.
But let's say you don't need (or want) to lose weight.
I suggest you create a Sparkpeople account and enter everything you eat, just for one day.
You're going to be amazed at what's lacking in your diet.
It's because of Sparkpeople.com that I found out both Cliff and I are woefully lacking in our calcium intake; I corrected that by purchasing calcium tablets at Sam's Club.
Also, we don't get enough fiber, at least not when we're limiting calories.
Amazingly, we get plenty of vitamin C most days, just from the food we eat; we don't have a lot of citrus fruit laying around, but we do indulge in all kinds of veggies.
Most brand name foods are already on the site, including fast foods. You can enter nutrients for your own recipes if need be. You select which nutrients you want to track.
Just give it a try. Tell 'em Donna sent you.

2 comments:

  1. Lindie10:43 AM

    When you make a dish with multiple ingredients, do you have to list them all? Guess I will go over and take a look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindie, if you're using a recipe from a cookbook that lists the values, you can type them in as given. If it's a recipe with no calories or values included, yes... one time, you'll have to do all the ingredients, and that's rather painstaking. But once you've entered that recipe it's there for all time.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!