Thursday, July 09, 2009

Silly me

I let all those bad ratings for Home Depot delivery get me upset for nothing. Except that I didn't get the call last night telling me when they'd be here, they did fine. Oh, but it wasn't Home Depot doing the delivery; it was GE. The guys were so good even Cliff was impressed at the careful way they removed my old washer and put in the new one.

Our blood work from yesterday showed my total cholesterol is a little high; everything else was fine. We were taking our walk when they called back with Cliff's results; they left a message for me to call the office, and that made me a little nervous. Normally if everything is OK, they'll leave a message telling us the results.

Turns out Cliff's cholesterol is too low! I didn't even know that was possible. So we get to cut his daily Lipitor in half, and they'll see how his blood-work looks in three months. This was cause for me to do a happy dance, since even with insurance, the Lipitor costs $1 per pill. Oh yeah, $90 for a three-month supply. And so far there's no generic for it. With Cliff holding down a good job, it's no problem; but if and when he retires (he says never), we'd be pressing the doctor to substitute something else.

We had B.L.T.'s today, with tomatoes from the garden. Life is good.

1 comment:

  1. Glad about the cholesterol! I wish I had some home grown tomatoes right about now! We probably won't have any until August at the rate we are going!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!