Thursday, July 09, 2009

I'm wondering about Home Depot

Hey, looks like this little guy is going to be named "Sir Loin", with the voting almost over.

So, about that washing machine I bought at Home Depot? The delivery people were supposed to call last night and let me know whether they'd be here this morning or this afternoon. They never called. So I typed "Home Depot delivery" into my Swagbucks search engine (which has already netted me a $5 Amazon gift card), and I found an endless list of complaints. I'm wondering if I can call them and cancel the order. I'll gladly go to Sears, which was my original destination anyhow.

Someone asked if I have considered getting total knee replacements: Indeed, I am not only considering it, I'm planning on it. Most people I know who have had knee replacements are quite happy with their results. I do know of some people who had staph set in (a possibility after any surgery), and Cliff's cousin knows someone personally who died from the staph infection caused by the surgery. I also know some people who had TNR and didn't get as much pain relief as they had expected.

It's all these variables that make me keep delaying the surgery. Twice I have developed pain in my knees that was bad enough that it would have prompted me to have replacements, but the Orthopedist trimmed and scraped the meniscus, and that stopped the pain.

So it isn't a question of "if" I'll have this procedure; it's only a question of "when". I do intend to have it done in wintertime, because who wants to be laid up during motorcycle and gardening season?

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:18 AM

    It seems that every year improvements are made in this procedure. There is a "new" knee now for women. So waiting is probably an excellent idea. Especially if the other procedures give you relief. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like you, the not so great stories have me putting off a couple of needed items, but eventually I'll just feel like I need to get them done, and I will. Winter sounds the perfect time to have the surgery ... I wonder ... will you do one and then the other or both at the same time? I remember way back when, at least 30 years ago when my then boyfriend's grandfather had both knees replaced at the same time, during the winter. Spring rolled around and he was out clamming and oystering as well as hiking in the woods behind his home and he was 89!

    I say, go for it! And enjoy the end results. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have heard many people say "it's not a matter of IF but WHEN" on the knee replacement surgery. I like the name Sir Loin...that is CUTE!!!!

    Have you heard of Charlie Louvin? We saw him at the Station Inn last night. I was thinking of you while we were there. They played a lot of country classics and even some that might classify as gospel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi this is Michael from Home Depot Customer Care. I’m sorry about the lack of follow up. Let me know if I can help. Feel free to email me at information@homedepot.com.

    Michael
    Customer Care
    The Home Depot
    Atlanta, GA 30339

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!