Saturday, July 11, 2009

Beautiful things

As I sit here at the computer, the sky to the northeast is pink and lovely. I love sunrises.

Our cucumbers are thriving, and I have a stinking batch of them pickling in the kitchen; Cliff's sister just has too much on her mind to worry about pickles, so Cliff and I took some of our excess produce to my sister, over near Gladstone; we also took a few tomatoes.

We ate at Olive Garden and had a good visit. I had Cliff take this picture in front of Maxine's house.

Back at home, my daughter's family came by with my great-granddaughter, Kameron. She's six months old now, and very friendly and outgoing. I cropped my legs out of this picture because I had on a shamelessly short pair of shorts I only wear at home, and I didn't want the world to think I am a hussy.

This is the first time I've allowed Sadie to get close enough to Kami to sniff at her; Sadie is so hyper, I was afraid she'd accidentally scratch the baby. I cropped granddaughter Monica's head out of the picture because it was an unflattering picture of her.

I do a lot of cropping.

6 comments:

  1. cute Kami. I do a lot of cropping too when needed. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures even if you did crop. I bet your sister was glad to get that fresh produce. Helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm laughing at Kameron's paleness next to your tan. It's the opposite with me and my niece...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice pictures, cute Kami. I have a sister named Maxine too. She is ten years older then me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kami likes the camera. Look at those heavenly eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You don't look old enough to be that cute girls great granny - not by a long shot.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!