Thursday, July 16, 2009

A happy memory


My daughter was five years old. I know this because after she started first grade, they taught her to pronounce her "r's". I taught her to play Crazy Eights. She not only picked up the game instantly, she loved it. Unfortunately, I was a terrible mother, and the card game bored me to death. She'd ask me to play with her, and I'd usually find some excuse. Then her daddy would come home; we'd have supper, and he'd be watching TV. She'd ask him, "Would you play Cwazy Eights with me?" And he would. Oh, he'd have one eye on the television. But he never told her "no", as I recall. What a sweet man I married.

7 comments:

  1. This is a sweet post. Blessed is the word.

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She sure is a cutie. I liked playing all the card games with my daughters. Mel worked such long hours we passed a lot of time that way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lindie8:05 AM

    What a cute picture. I have one of my granddaughter at about the same ae and it's one of my favorites. Isn't this weather great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:58 AM

    I see alot of resembelance to your little Georgia peach. Maybe it's just me.

    Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable pic of your daughter! We don't play Crazy Eights but we do play Sorry. My grandkids just can't get enough of it so we play often.

    Your flowers are beautiful and your gardens are great. I will be lucky to get even one cucumber this year. :0( Oh well, there's always the Farmer's Market down the road.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Many a time my getting in un-ordinarily early I was charged with reading to the kids while Frieda finished with supper's fix. I often read them the obits. They didn't care. They had dad's attention reading to them. I often had a time sounding out the more difficult words.
    I was still many years away from being a good reader but we still had a good time just the same.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks like a Norman Rockwell painting. Anne

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!