Sunday, July 26, 2009

A conversation with my husband

Cliff and I had to go this evening to pick up some things I need to make cucumber curls (or rings, or whatever). Granddaughter Monica rode along.

I was telling Cliff for the thousandth time how much I like living back here away from the road.

"Every morning when I go outside and stroll around the yard looking at the sunrise and the flowers, I say, "Thank You God for letting me live to see this day."

Cliff continued the prayer, saying, "and for the fat man in bed who is going to get up and go to work to earn the money to pay for it pretty soon."

And I said, "Amen."

Monica and Cliff laughed. I guess I made a funny.

7 comments:

  1. My Dear Hubby and your Cliff seem to echo the same sentiments, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto, sounds like something my Hubby would come out with! You did make a funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL right on target with his comeback. Helen

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!