Monday, July 13, 2009

Call me crazy, I don't care

I'm about as Republican right-wing as you can get. OK, maybe not THAT bad, but that's how I lean.

Strange thing is this: The music I listen to on Pandora is mostly folk; you know, people who swing so far to the left that they're almost communist. Some of them were actually accused of being communists, way back when. Woody Guthrie, Pete Seeger; and many more.

Maybe it's just the rebel in me, I don't know.

Anyhow, at some point in my life, some grandchild introduced me to Green Day.

I liked a lot of what they had to say, as well as the way they said it.

When I found out a certain granddaughter was practically DYING to see them, I thought, "Why not?"

She's underage, so all we needed was a driver. I don't drive. But my oldest grandson does, and he knows most of the words to all the Green Day songs.

I made a couple of phone calls. I secured our seats.

This granny is going to see Green Day, August 12.

I would also pay three person's ticket fees to see ZZ Top, and others I won't mention here. Wait a minute... Cliff is paying, not me. But hey, he bought this un-neccesary big honkin' tractor we don't need. (I do sorta love it, though.)

Over at Tractor Tales, it's called "SET". That's "spousel equity tax".


8 comments:

  1. Ha ha! That rawks! You go girl! From a 51 yr old grandma. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We sound similar. I just love music, PERIOD.

    I range from Hank Williams, Sr, to Metallica to anything Baroque to zydeco to Cumbia (columbian accordian lowrider stuff) to Sublime and Ludacris.

    That said, I've never been to a "real" concert and have such a social phobia I never could. Have a GREAT TIME!!!!!! (be safe)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are what they call a RINO, and no it's not a poke at your age. It means Republican in Name Only.

    I think it is so amazingly cool that you are going to see Green Day. They totally rock! I'm jealous but I am really inspired by the memories that you are leaving with your grandchildren by doing this with them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like Green Day too, and love ZZ Top, AC/DC and many more than I can name here. Of course I love classic country, folk, bluegrass and more as well.

    Hope y'all have a grand time at the Green Day shindig, and I can almost guarantee that you won't be the only granny there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a complex individual with many layers -- and there's nothing wrong with that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous5:56 AM

    Well....I'm a Libertarian who most often votes Republican and I am listening to Marilyn Manson right now
    ;-0~Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're one hip granny!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree you are a RINO! My taste in music is very diversified and thanks to you I now have some Green Day on my computer! LOL

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!