Thursday, March 06, 2008

Ole Darryl still lives

Darryl Waliker (I'm guessing at the spelling on both names) is the person who had my cell phone number before I had it. You can read about him HERE and then HERE.

I've had my cell phone for almost a year and a half now, and I hadn't gotten any calls for ole Darryl lately. Until tonight.

My cell rang; I looked to see who was calling, and no name was there. Only a phone number. Obviously a stranger.

I answered, and a pleasant-sounding lady asked, "Is Darryl Walliker there?"

"No," I patiently told her. "He hasn't had this number for well over a year."

"Then do you have a number where he might be reached?"

"No, I'm sorry," I told her. "I don't know him; he just happens to be the person that had this number before I got it."

And I proceeded to tell her about the strange calls I've received for Darryl over the past months, from giggling ladies at 3 A.M. to the Cass County sheriff 's department late one evening.

She chuckled and said, "Well, I'm just another person trying to collect the money he owes me."

We said our goodbyes, and that was that. Except that I tried snooping a bit. I went HERE and typed in various spellings of Darryl's first and last names. No luck. I can find plenty of my neighbors at that website (most for traffic tickets), but no Darryl.

The truth is, I'd like to meet him and shake his hand.

I'd say, "Thanks, Darryl. If it weren't for you, my cell phone would never ring. You have truly brought excitement into this old lady's life."

3 comments:

  1. i understand! Ive had my number for over 2 years and STILL receive calls for Karen Hicks-grrrr I looked her up and she has collecters after her as well....

    let me try and find the site for MO courts. if I do, Ill send it

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.brbpub.com/freeresources/pubrecsites.aspx?h=1


    site that has some 'free' sites for searching

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep Barngoddess, that's the same one I use. They just don't have anything on Ole Darryl. They do have a female Walliker listed, though.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!