Monday, March 03, 2008

Playing around with my blog

I've been looking at all the widgets other people have on their blogs and trying them out. I'll probably do away with that "recent visitors" thing, since it never seems to show an actual person. Plus it refuses to let me move it on down the page, for some reason. If you are reading this and don't see what I'm talking about, you'll know I already trashed it.

I was over at My Spyderweb and saw a music player I liked, so I'm trying that out. I think I'm going to like it just fine. For one thing, readers don't have to listen to it if they don't want to. Nothing irritates me more than landing on a blog or home page and having somebody's music forced on me. Often, I'm already listening to my own music on my computer, and I don't need the intrusion.

So don't be surprised if you see something new on my sidebar, then come back to find it gone. After a glorious weekend, winter has returned to my part of Missouri. Yes, I'm housebound again. I could clean house, but playing around on the Internet is far more fun.

7 comments:

  1. I wish I knew how to do half the thing you do on your blog...I'm not computer savy....You do a great job. I don't even know how to put a song on mine. Maybe it's cause I went to school in Henrietta????? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:00 PM

    Not related to today's entry but I was wondering if you would be attending any of the PBR events at Kansas City, MO this coming weekend.
    This will be the best riders. We only get one of the tours with lesser known riders here in Anchorage, AK, but still a thrill to watch.
    New to your blog, don't have one of my own.
    Donna L.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love trying to work with the different things that I see on other peoples blogs too but I usually end up in a mess and have to have someone come and straighten things out!

    I loved your comment on my latest post about people blooming where they are planted and I totally agree. With our harsh climate you can either participate in the fun of the snow or be crabby and whine about it all winter. I chose to participate. Thanks for that comment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never play around w/ my blog anymore....have been contemplating some tunes on it though.

    yours is still easy to navigate and not 'busy'. I dislike going to blogs that have a million blinkies, ads, or stuff packed into the sidebar.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Donna for the link! I do agree with Barngoddess on blinkies. I've heard that people with epilepsy are bothered by blinkies. I don't have epilepsy but blinkies really bug me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Exactly. I am quite like you in this matter.

    Always facinated and looking out for interesting widgets in other blogs and adopt them in mine when I like it.

    Do away with the ones that are not so appealing anymore and adopt another.

    My side bar has seen more updates than my posts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Our Town" is one of my favorite songs. ;o)

    One of my blog buddies is looking for a music player for her blog. She wants to upload one of her own recordings to put in her sidebar. I'll have to check out that player for her.

    Let me know if you get rich with the GoogleAds. I've been wondering if it's worth the bother to add it to my blog.

    We may be getting some snow too. It's 34F right now, so it's possible I guess.

    How's your rooster doing???

    Hugs,

    Diane

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!