Saturday, February 06, 2021

Sleeping with the enemy?

Back in June when Blue was just a kitten and I was keeping him in the back porch at night, I got him a bed.  He hardly ever used it.  When I began letting him in the house with us I brought it in here, but he still wasn't interested, so I put it up.  The other day I happened upon the cat bed and brought it in:  There's a gray chair beside his cat tree that he takes long naps on; if he ever starts shedding, he won't be in the house so much, but for now, he's OK.  I brought his bed in and put it on the gray chair.  

His Majesty approves.

But earlier this morning, I walked into the living room to see this and just had to laugh:

Gabe told me he now identifies as a cat because he was born with the wrong body.  What is this world  coming to?

OK, my friend wants to compare my left-hand writing with my right-hand writing.  First I'll share part of my morning scriptures I wrote with my left hand; I used the New International Version:


Next, the rest of the same group of scriptures, but when I turned the page I switched to the King James Version and my right hand (and didn't use the flash, so the page looks a different color).

I'm surprised it's so much the same in both!  The right-hand writing is a little neater, that's all.  If I ever get the left-hand writing down pat, it looks like my handwriting won't change much.

Here's something to think about today:





12 comments:

  1. Wow, you're ambidextrous! My handwriting is horrid regardless of which had I use, but I am so predominately right handed that I can't remember the last time I tried to write left handed. And it's in cursive, too, so future generations won't be able to read your writing (which is shame!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. It also depends on how long it takes you to write that way with your left hand. I could possibly o OK with my left, but it would take me FOREVER. Gabe and Blue are very cute together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Northern AB gal12:29 PM

    First of all, thank-you for doing this! I agree, it is pretty similar but to me your right handed writing flows and is not so stiff as the left hand (does that make sense?) Of course, once you have written left handed for fifty years it will flow as well, lol!
    The two love birds, how cute! Wait till Gabe decides to climb the cat tree then we will really know he has transgendered!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm smiling at the adorable relationship between Gabe and Blue. So sweet! Your left and right handwriting is extremely similar.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You appear to be ambidextrous. One of my grandmothers had a stroke when she was fairly young and had to learn to write with her left hand.I hope that doesn't happen to you, but... Two family members are left handed and their writing is awful. Just awful. Being right-handed didn't help me too much. My hand writing is awful too. Love the picture of the dog and cat sharing the bed. Wonerful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I impressed. When I started carpal tunnel symptoms, I switched my mouse to my non-dominant hand and it was doable but a struggle. Can't imagine writing with my left. The good thing is that you are making yourself smarter by flexing that part of your brain.

    ReplyDelete
  7. PS, The bed sharing is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cats are forever doing their own thing at their own time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. They don't look like enemies to me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the picture of Blue and Gabe.....that would never happen with my two, sadly.

    ReplyDelete
  11. *haha* Blue and Gabe... friends for life. Nothing like cuddling up to stay warm. :-) ~Andrea xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, how sweet this picture is of Blue and Gabe 'catnapping' together!!! I do believe you are like my daddy! He could, and did, write with both hands.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!