Friday, September 29, 2023

My problem with Blogger, illustrated

I'm sure nobody realized what I was trying to say in that entry entitled I'm so confused, so I made a very short video so you could see what happens when I click on the "sign in" on my blog.  Ignore the commercial going on; Cliff was watching the news. 



As you can tell, it takes me to the place where I can do a blog entry, which means I AM signed in.  But when I go back to look at my finished entry, I am NOT signed in.  So if I answer someone's comment, I am anonymous.  That's how it is on Google and also Safari.  For some reason, Chrome lets me sign in and STAY signed in.  I'm going to keep using Chrome unless I am blogging or reading the blogs of others.  Of course, I have no problem reading Wordpress or other platforms, since I don't have to sign in with Google.  


As you can see here on Opera, there is no sign in because I'm already signed in when I arrive there, and I stay signed in unless I have some reason to sign out.

I hope that makes it clearer, but it doesn't really matter whether it does or not, because there's nothing I can do about it.  

7 comments:

  1. That would be frustrating. I like "one stop shopping" where I can blog and comment on the same browser. I use Edge but there have been a few times where only Chrome would work. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hard to tell but it looks to me as if you are using a blogger login instead of a google login. Since Google bought Blogger, I have just used my google account to sign into blogger and that is why it is always logged in whenever I go to either the blog or blog editing pages.

    If you go into Blogger settings and scroll down to Permissions, what does it say for the author? Mine has my google email address.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand what you're saying. I had the same issue for a while several months ago. It started without warning, lasted a few days, and ended just as quickly.

    Blogger is really doing some strange things. I was able to comment with my Google account on your original post on this topic, but today it won't let me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the very same problem, and just had to jump through hoops to comment with my Blogger account. I tried to log in on Firefox first, then had to come to Chrome, sign in and find this post to comment on. It's very frustrating and blogger has gone through a lot of changes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous2:56 PM

    Aggravating, isn't it? I have the same problem. It always calls me Anonymous even though I have been a blogger as Margie's Musings for years.. It's google thing! They want to be in control!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous2:58 PM

    I tried to comment but because I was unhappy with google, it would acccpt my comment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous2:59 PM

    I don't have... and don't want a google account. I am Margie from Margie's Musings!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!