Sunday, September 03, 2023

Sunday Stealing


1. Did you ever have a commercial you really liked?  Any of the Budweiser commercials with the big horses
    
2. How did you learn to ride a bicycle?  As a child, I never had a bike.  However, when I was in fourth or fifth grade our preacher's three kids had one bike between them, and helped me learn to ride on it.  I think I recall their last name was Halcomb or Holcomb.
 
3.How did you celebrate your 21st birthday?  I don't know that I did.

4. What fascinated you as a child?  Horses.  I cried for a pony many times, but I didn't get one until after I was married.

5. What was one of your favorite playground games?  I wasn't much at games; I was always the last one chosen.

6. What things matter most to you in life?  Having enough.  Not too much, not too little... just enough for a peaceful and happy life.

7. If you had to go back in time and start a brand new career, what would it be?  I have no desire to go back in time.  Besides, do I seem like a career person to you?

8. What do people get wrong about you?  I don't know; I don't worry much about what people think about me.

9. Do you believe that people can change?  Yes.  Why or why not?  Because I've changed multiple times, and I've seen others change greatly, too.
 
10. What is some of the best advice your mother ever gave you?  I was never very good at following advice.

11. If you could see into the future, what would you want to find out?  I've never wanted to know the future.  I'd rather take one day at a time.

12. How has your life turned out differently than you imagined it would?  Long term it's been pretty much like I wanted, mainly because we have always lived in the country.

13. What is the longest project you have ever worked on?
I don't have the patience for projects
    
14. What have been some of your favorite restaurants through the years?  I used to think Olive Garden was the best place ever.  I've always liked Golden Corral, but my favorite one closed a while back.  I absolutely love KFC, but the ones in our area are not very clean.  Being near Kansas City, I like good barbecue places.  We seldom eat out these days because of the expense.

15. What is one of the best shows you've ever been to?  I'm a fan of country music, but I really enjoyed the energy of Green Day when I went with the grandkids.  Went to Warped Tour with them, too.  I've been to lots of country music shows and enjoyed them all.  The ones I remember most fondly are ones in the early 70's when we could hardly afford it.  We saw Jerry Lee Lewis pounding the piano.  What a character he was!  Another great show was with  Dolly Parton, when she was still working with Porter Wagoner.  I always thought she looked cheap on Porter's television show, but in person, she was absolutely beautiful... makeup, legs, wig, bosom and all.  My husband agreed.

5 comments:

  1. I'm like you. I just want enough to feel comfortable. I don't millions for that. Just enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm comfortable with what I have and where I am right now. That's enough for me. Contentment is highly underrated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:21 AM

    I know where I’m going one day so I am content with life as it happens. How wonderful that I’ve loved each of my careers. Blessings, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your answer to number 9.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, the cleanliness of the KFCs around here have declined severely!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!