Monday, September 04, 2023

Labor Day

I mentioned the other day that I found some podcasts that are supposed to help folks sleep, and I found one that works pretty well for me, although I really haven't tried it enough to know for sure.  It's called Nothing Much HappensIt's very soothing.  You can listen to one of them on the website if you're curious.

I've been moving soaker hoses all day long.  The extended forecast has tomorrow being the last of temperatures in the 90's, and there are some possibilities of rain far ahead; I won't hold my breath, but it sure would be nice.  I actually have quite a few peas coming up, which is what got me out there dragging hoses onto every row.  I also tried a new way to get spinach to grow.  It seems ridiculous to me, but you know, what else am I doing around here?  So I tried it; I just planted them yesterday.  You can find the article HERE if you're interested.  I'll let you know whether it works.

Speaking of things that sound very strange, I found a recipe for butternut squash macaroni and cheese... not only one recipe, but several.  Even Pioneer Woman Ree Drummond has one, although that isn't the one I used.  I settled for one on the website of a Kansas City lady.  Her blog is called Cookie and Kate, and she features vegetarian food.  I'm no vegetarian, but the mac and cheese was good.

Other than moving soaker hoses today, we also had a visit from our daughter and her husband.  The grandson is here visiting with us now; he usually checks in on us before his work week, as well as coming over in the evening a couple times during the week. 

That's about it for Labor Day.  It's just another day for us tired old retirees, but we did enjoy our company.

6 comments:

  1. Cookie and Kate is one of my favorite recipe websites. I've never gotten a dud from it, and when I've served items to big meat eaters they liked them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to have company! So there's no cheese in the mac, only butternut squash? (although vegetarian doesn't equal vegan) Hope you get that rain. We're currently in the 60s and have had some rain. Now I'm going to have to mow my lawn again! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, there's plenty of cheese!

      Delete
  3. I listened to Nothing Much Happens in the afternoon 3 times, all three times she put me to sleep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, it has worked for me so far.

      Delete

I love comments!