1. Working on anything exciting lately? Well, I started planting the garden, day before yesterday. That may not excite anybody else, but it's a highlight of spring for me.
2. What was the highlight of the day today? My day has just begun, so how about yesterday's highlight? A young couple with a little girl two-and-a-half years old came over, and we so enjoyed watching and listening to her. Her name is Nellie; she sang as she played with the toys I keep around here, and actually carries a tune; there is nothing more beautiful than a child singing because she loves to sing, not because anybody prompted her.
3. What is your favorite thing to do on the weekends? My favorite part of the weekend is going to church.
4. What are your favorite restaurants? I like Chinese food and Mexican restaurants. As luck would have it, those two are about the only places we can afford. We don't eat out often, though.
5. Do you follow any sports? I never did until 2020, when I fell in love with the Kansas City Chiefs, every last one of them and their coach. I miss them when football season is over.
6. What is your biggest fear? I fear for the world as a whole, not so much for myself, but for young people growing up in this mess of hatred and discontent we've made for ourselves.
7. What is your biggest regret? That I wasn't a better mother.
8. When you were growing up, what was your dream job? I wanted to be an Indian until I realized that wasn't something one "becomes". Then I wanted to be a housewife and have babies.
9. Do you say ‘sherbet’ or ‘sherbert’? Sherbet
10. Have you ever had a paranormal experience? Not unless you count a religious experience or two, like a couple of prayers that were answered instantly.
11. What is your favorite food at a cocktail party? I've never been to a cocktail party in my life. All the drinkers I know drink beer, wine, or whiskey straight, and they don't call it a party.
12. Who is a book character most like you? There are none, because any book focusing on me would be so boring, nobody would want to read it... unless I got VERY honest, and I'd really rather not do that.
13. Do you read reviews before you go to movies?? We don't go to movies at all these days, but I do check reviews before I watch a movie on TV.
14. How do you feel about cilantro? Meh.
15. Have you ever cried in public? I have, but it's been a long time. I don't even cry at funerals. I hate to cry.
I got this meme from the Sunday Stealing blog.
I love Chinese and Mexican food. We don't go to enough Mexican restaurants in my opinion. I will have to hunt one down in Manchester.ReplyDelete
I haven't had Chinese food in a long time. Here it's mostly Thai or Mexican. I think of you as someone who would fit well in Little House on the Prairie.ReplyDelete
The 7 years we spent at our first house that was on 20 acres is always what I call my "Little house on the prairie period".Delete
I rooted for the Chiefs but more Andy Reid, who of course used to be the Eagles head coach.ReplyDelete
I like Chinese food, too, but we don't have a local restaurant. There is one 30 minutes away, so sometimes when I go to the doctor I stop and pick something up and bring it home. It's all take-out, no eat-in at that restaurant.ReplyDelete
I don't like to cry either -- at home or in public. I have cried in public though but not often. I enjoy Chinese and Mexican foods, too. The Chinese place closest to our house is not really a place where you want to "sit-in" - much better for take out!ReplyDelete