Thursday, March 23, 2023

Things I learn on the morning news

After feeding my pets, doing my daily Bible reading, and wrestling with my Wordle for the morning, I go to CNN.com to see if the world is going to end that day; I don't watch CNN on TV because it's noisy and forces things into my mind that I don't want there.  I read very little politics except for the headlines since 2020, the year people turned a virus into a political issue and then turned on one another; that made me so sad that I sought help for my depression in the form of a pill I'm still taking; true story.

I first read about how people are accessing Beethoven's DNA using his hair.  I'm wondering just how sure they are about their findings, since they can only obtain mitochondrial DNA from hair — which is passed from mother to child. At most it could tell them whether the source of one hair is related to the source of another. In order to identify a person, nuclear DNA is required.  But it was an interesting read; apparently they think Beethoven may have been a wino.

Next I reinforced my belief that the rich will always become richer, no matter who they hurt; Now they're planning to get rich on a scarcity of water in California.

My husband has always more or less followed Tom Brady when he watches football, so I'm putting this little bit of news on my blog for him to find out the real reason Tom Brady's wife got a divorce.

Apparently there's high risk of nuclear conflict now, a higher risk that there's ever been before.  Since it's a Chinese diplomat saying it, I don't know how much trust I will put in that point, but I wouldn't be a bit surprised.

I read something telling what to do with our money to keep it from diminishing with inflation.

And, in an article that will surprise nobody, California weather remains a disaster.

And that's the way it is in my news-gathering pursuits.

Peace.

5 comments:

  1. You can get nuclear DNA from hair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Obviously I don't know a lot about DNA.

      Delete
  2. I'm an eclectic reader of the news and often go off on tangents. I get tired of the same old stories over and over again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:06 AM

    This is Margie...I don't know a lot about DNA either,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had my DNA done, and it's interesting to know where my ancestors came from, but beyond that I know very little about it.

      Delete

I love comments!