Tuesday, March 07, 2023

Polls and surveys

I've used an extension from Rakuten on my browser for a long time.  They give me money for shopping online at various places like Kohls, Macys, and Ebay.  If you land on one of their partners they will ask you to sign in to Rokuten.  If you buy something, they'll give you money back, but not right then; I'm not sure how long they wait to send me what's coming to me, but I've gotten anywhere from five to 18 dollars in my mailbox, depending on what I've bought and how long they waited to send it.  Usually it's closer to $5; the waiting time may have been a year, for all I know, but it costs me nothing, because I was going to buy that item anyway.  Their website is HERE, if you want to read about it.

What I'm really wanting to talk about, though, is their polls.  I seldom go to their website to see what they have to offer, but at some point I got an email asking if I'd like to participate in polls and be rewarded for doing so.  Well, since I don't have a packed schedule around here, I decided to give it a go.  

I sort of get tired of taking the boring surveys and polls, so I don't do every one that comes along.  Even so, in less than a month I have $10 waiting, which I can get as an Amazon gift card, or have it sent to my Ebay account.  Some of the polls want my opinion of various politicians, and I like to think perhaps I'm helping both parties figure out who they should choose to run in the election.  If they ask me about someone I've never heard of, I look the person up to see the various things they've done (or haven't done).  Of course I don't spend hours studying each person, so that's probably a silly way to do things; but it beats saying eeney, meeny, minie-moe.  And in the process, I learn a little about the politician.

It isn't all about politics, either.  Sometimes they will ask if you've heard anything bad about a food item, a motel, or business of any kind.  I have learned to look some of those up, because it's obvious that business has been in the news and they want to know how many people know about it.  Today, among other items, Smirnoff Vodka and Velveeta were mentioned.  I check out both  of them and found out many people are refusing to buy Smirnoff because it's Russian; I found the problem with Velveeta was simply this:  "Kraft Foods is recalling 260 cases of Velveeta cheese sold to Walmart stores in 12 states.The states are Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota and Wisconsin."

This may be boring you to death, but if you have lots of time on your hands, you might have a bit of a hand in who runs for office, find out who's who, and learn about the plight of various foods and businesses, and get paid for it, although it won't come in your mailbox.  That 1,025 means I can get $10 today, which will leave 25 to start my next payment.


You'll find it
HERE.

AND you can get paid for referring them.  However, I simply blogged about it because I thought someone might like to do this.

3 comments:

  1. I like to take surveys, probably because it makes me feel (probably erroneously) that my opinion counts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:40 PM

    Sounds interesting! And this is Margie from Margie's Musings...not Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have heard of this but never looked into it. Thanks for writing about it!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!