Sunday, March 19, 2023

Sunday Stealing

One song that describes my life.  Amazing Grace

Two things I wish I had more of in my life.  Stamina, and self-control when it comes to eating.

Three ways I relax:  reading, using my sleepless times in bed by praying for others, watching mindless TV like the old Perry Mason series from the 60's

Four of my best accomplishments:  Having two children who are willing to work for a living, some songs I've written that people love, always paying our bills even in hard times, and marrying the one person who was right for me.

Five things I am looking forward to:  waking up each morning, springtime, raising garden vegetables again, seeing my sister while she's still alive and kicking, and church on Sundays

Six things I am grateful for:  Still having my husband with me; my dog; all the Jersey cows I've had in past years; the last horse I bought when I was around sixty years old (the answer to a  childhood prayer); all the wonderful memories of my younger life; spring, summer, and fall... my favorite seasons.

Seven facts about me:  I don't like to dress up; I hate shoes; I like to have some alone time every day; I don't have much self-control when it comes to eating; I love to cook meals and bake cookies; I love the outdoors; I wish my knees didn't hurt so much, so I could go on long walks again. 

Eight things I can see from where I am sitting: my coffee cup; my pill holder; a Bible; a blanket that my dog is sleeping under on the couch; my husband's shoes; a camera; the iPad I read my books on; a clock on the wall telling me it's 6 A.M.

Nine words I would use to describe myself: old, tired, lazy, overweight, Christian, blogger, curly-haired, wife, mother

Ten little things that make me happy: sunny days; gentle rain when it's needed; home-grown tomatoes; animals; cooking; my husband being able to hear again; singing the song I wrote, "There's a Song in Here Somewhere", in Church and watching people react to it; real food like my mother used to make; and our new little truck (because it makes my husband happy)

Feel free to steal this meme, as I did.  You'll find it weekly on the Sunday Stealing blog.

9 comments:

  1. I LOVE the Perry Mason theme, especially the outro! I'd better get ready for church myself; I'm in the choir.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear there's a new Perry Mason series. Unfortunately, it isn't on any channel or streaming app that I use. I wonder if they use the same song.

      Delete
  2. I love hearing about your extraordinary life. You are so humble—an example for the rest of us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are wonderful! So, Cliff's implant has continued to work well?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, and he's going to get one on the other side.

      Delete
  4. A new little truck! How wonderful. You have great answers to these questions.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, seeing the vegetables grow again. Got a few little bags with seeds from son1. Will plant some tomorrow.
    I think being old is very relative. My gram was 98. Her body was not mucch anymore, but she had a mind! She was such a loving and inspirational woman.
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many of your answers could be mine! I enjoyed my visit and getting to know a little about you.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!