Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Random pictures from Texas

People dancing at a jam on Thursday; that one lady is really short, isn't she?

People on stage ready to jam!

I was in bed at my sister's, ready to turn off the lamp at bedside, when I noticed my reflection in the mirror on her closet doors and decided to take a self-portrait. My mom made the quilt, which I got out of the closet because it was a bit cool that night.

That's me with my new haircut. Pay no attention to my wadded-up shirt; you'll see very few pictures of me without my shirt askew. It's just my way.


I used the timer on my camera to take this picture of Maxine and myself getting ready to play a hand of the card game, "Fourteen". When I was showing this picture to Cliff, I asked him, "How long have I had that age spot on my forehead?"

"Oh my, for a long, long time," he answered.

Which shows you how little attention I pay to my reflection in the mirror. I actually avoid looking at myself! I had never noticed that spot before.

3 comments:

  1. I love those jam sessions and dancing. Wish I could dance more, but my arthritic knees pretty much keeps me from dancing these days.

    Ain't it amazing how unobservant we can be about things we see multiple times each day?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You tell Cliff the appropriate answer would have been "Well honey, I never noticed it before" ;) I suppose at some point, honest is all there is though, huh? lol I really have no idea. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:51 PM

    Ilove the quilt. I've stopped looking at the age spots too.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!