Thursday, August 09, 2007

We went to the Missouri State Fair today!

We learned facts about Missouri... (click to make it larger)


And MORE facts about Missouri.

We saw big mules (the mule is the Missouri state animal, you know).

We saw a pumpkin that weighed almost 600 pounds!

And a watermelon that was big enough to last me... oh, I don't know... three or four days? I do SO love watermelon.

A lady juggler on stilts.

A wrecked car from which a man walked away because he was wearing his seat belt.

And at the Knights of Columbus booth where Catholic literature was being handed out, we saw my cousin Betty's husband, Russ! (He's on the right.)

You just never know what you'll see at the fair.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:48 AM

    Good of them to have a fan on the mule. I'm sure it was needed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that mule! He is gorgeous!!! I agree, nice that they had the fan on him as it must have been hot in the tent. Those watermelon sure make mine look sick! Mine are only the size of a tennis ball now! ha! Probably the deer will get them anyhow. That sure shows you what a seatbelt can do for you. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. mules rock! That one was gorgeous.

    one season I coon hunted off a jumping mule, his name was Jasper and he was awesome. I wanted to buy him but I was only 21, single, and had Scooter to feed who always comes first :)

    great pics, now I cant wait to go to the Tulsa state fair in september!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!