Tuesday, August 07, 2007

bummed out

I couldn't access the Internet this morning. Finally I bypassed the wireless router and everything worked. This happened with my old router. Is it just me? What could I be doing to cause this?

It's hot. We only have air conditioning in the bedroom. They say this heat will last the rest of the month. Grrrr.

One of my dearest friends was just diagnosed with Mantel cell lymphoma. Google isn't giving me much in the way of positive information.

My dog, Sadie, puked in the bathroom. I guess the good news is, what better place to puke? I imagine the heat got to her.

My husband's heart doctor told him last year that he is never to be outside when the temperature is over 85 degrees. Of course, being a man, he has ignored this. So far he's holding up, but I worry, with our temperatures closing in on 100 degrees. At his workplace, it's even hotter than it is outside. They have no air conditioning, and there are ovens heating up the place. And they just moved Cliff to a hotter area!

My grandson had a dentist appointment made for tomorrow, since he now has dental insurance. He just found out today he has to have $150 when he shows up, in spite of the insurance. So he canceled the appointment.

I could go on spreading all this sunshine, but I had better quit while I'm ahead.

6 comments:

  1. THis heat is awful. Triple digits all week.Heat index right now is 96 at 10pm!
    makesure Cliffknows to double his waterand take breaks even if he is not supposed to. I told Pat if he hasto to fake a heat faint.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom, do these things in this order. Shut down the PC. Unplug the router, unplug the modem. Wait about 2 or 3 minutes. Then plug in the modem, wait for lights to settle into the norm, then turn on the router. When the router lights settle in, boot the PC back up. The waiting for each item to get going is sometimes the difference between working and not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Celeste! Fake a heat stroke if he has to, I'm not kidding that is way too much heat for him to tolerate. Also doubling up on the water intake is a good suggestion, it really will help. I know how men are though, they just keep going no matter what. Just like the energizer bunny! You're lucky to have your daughter to help you with your computer, I just kick mine when it acts up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm curious about your wireless router problem. Mine did the same thing. I haven't used it since because we did everything short of a seance to try and get it working and it wasn't that old, maybe a year. I haven't bought a new one because it ticked me off that it didn't last longer but I hate being stuck in the living room and have been thinking about breaking down and getting a new one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Boy that's the hard thing about men. They just can't stand to hear that they not invincible after all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was going to tell you the same thing as Rachel LOL! A couple of other things to try first if you don't want to go thru the whole re-start thing. Sometimes you can right click on the icon in your tray and choose repair and that will fix you. Also, sometimes we just pull the power cord on just the wi-fi router and then replug it, then go to the laptop and click on the icon and tell it to look for the network... eh! The can be picky little creatures. My last thing is to do a total restart.

    As for the other stuff... Sigh.. It always seems that when it rains, it pours.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!