In order to make up for my very negative 13 last week, I'll offer the flip side of the coin:
Thirteen things I like about where I live:
1. The changing seasons
2. Pasture for my horses
3. The Missouri River
4. Lots of back roads and fields where I can ride my horse in peace and quiet.
5. The alfalfa field, which provides hay for my horses and calf
6. My cabin in the woods
7. Hearing trains go by
8. The history of this area (Santa Fe Trail, Lewis and Clark, Civil War, Harry Truman, etc.)
9. Branson is only a three-hour motorcycle ride away
10. You can get to Colorado from here in one day
11. Wildlife: Although coyotes and foxes will kill any poultry they can get hold of, there’s something magnificent and free about them. I like seeing deer, even though they cause wrecks. Oh, and a flock of turkeys in the pasture. I especially like to see vultures floating above my cabin. (But I don't want to see them too close-up.)
12. “The point”. It’s the highest part of our 40-plus acres, and you can see far across the Missouri River from there.
13. Memories. We moved here when my children were six and eight years old. Although memories reside in the mind more than in a physical place, I do have a certain grudging affection for this old house because it’s where I raised my kids. Recollections of graduations, grandbabies, pets, and holidays are in every dusty corner.
View more Thursday Thirteen participants HERE.