Sunday, April 08, 2007

Google ads

You'll notice, over on the upper right, a Google ad. I chose to put it there; it wasn't forced upon me like the AOL ads were, on their journals. I felt it wasn't too intrusive, and there's a possibility of making money off it, although I doubt that one little ad is going to do much.

As long as the content of that ad doesn't offend me in some way, I'll leave it there as an experiment. Hey, it might work out so well that I'll put something else over there with it.

One money-making scheme I will not be doing is pay-per-post. As I understand it, you sign up and they give you brands or items to plug, in individual entries in your blog. I think there's more chance of making a few bucks on this one, but it leaves me cold to find a pay-per-post entry in a blog I otherwise enjoy. One blogger warns her readers by putting "Pay-per-post" in the header of such entries.

I still don't like it.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmmm... I have to agree about the "Pay-per-Post" things. I don't like 'em, but I too have been playing with the thought of ad-sense. Some of my favorite blogs out in the 'wild' of the Internet have them, and they don't usually bother me. Keep us posted and let us know how it works!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!