Thursday, October 02, 2008

Welcome, AOL blogging friends

I began blogging on AOL Journals. It was there, it was handy, and I'm too lazy to do anything except go with the flow. I met amazing people there, and watched some blog while they were dying. A time came when there was yet another glitch with the program, and I decided AOL wasn't going to last forever. I decided to move to Blogger.

Trouble is, many of my old AOL journal buddies wouldn't read my Blogger site; they seemed to think I was a turncoat for leaving. So I kept two blogs going, because I didn't want to lose track of my buddies; I've done this for a couple years now, randomly putting one post here, a different one on AOL.

But one morning this week, I saw the following notice at the top of my blog:


And there was much weeping, wailing, and gnashing of teeth in what had come to be known as "J-Land".

AOL is working with Blogger for a way to transfer AOL journals seamlessly over here. If they get that done, I'll transfer all that to a separate blog and keep it for memory's sake; I'll keep my daily ramblings right here. Actually, this is a good thing, for me. Now I can put all my drivel in one spot. Those of you who have only been reading this blog, get ready for about twice as many entries. Or not.

Meanwhile, Meatloaf and Secret are enjoying the lovely October weather. (Hey, AOL friends: You can click on pictures here to see them larger.)

I rode Blue down to the Missouri River yesterday; looks a little low, to me.

There's an ocean of soybeans not quite ready for harvest-time. I love this time of year.

As I write this, it's 41 degrees. It's true what everyone has been telling me: Hot tubs feel best when it's nippy outside!

8 comments:

  1. Donna, I love your drivel so I'll take it in small doses or large.

    Fall is the best time of the year and perhaps it isn't such a bad time for a move either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is 45 degrees here. Had to let you know the soybean fields here are either golden or brown... due to really dry weather in August they turned early. I miss my aol journal. But as you said we can now post everything in one spot. 'On Ya' - ma

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pic of Meatloaf and Secret. They just look so sweet together.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donna
    I know I used to read you and can't for the life of me figure out why I ever stopped. My guess is alerts got messed up, although I definately would have just followed you over here (not "loyal" to particular internet providers). Anyways...I don't think I ever knew you were from more or less my neck of the woods. I'm from a small Northeast Kansas town and my grandpa lives in Tonganoxie, Ks.

    Grew up on a farm and LOVE the name of your cows! We had one named Lucky Tom...although he ended up not being so lucky when my dad had him butchered! LOL So goes the life!

    God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Donna! I love this time of the year too! It is so beautiful today! I think our part of Missouri is so pretty! The Missouri River does look low. Hugs, Grams

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't been on AOL for quite a long time. Did go on it the other day and saw the email about the Blogs.

    What is AOL trying to do? Kill itself?

    Anyways, there are much better Blog sites out there besides AOL Journal's. :)

    Ain't the weather in the last few days been gorgous!? I love these type of days...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I found you. I'm learning my way around and I am a slow learner. Louisburg is just 24 minutes from my house. You and Cliff look like you had a good time. Anne

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have hopes that AOL bloggers who boycotted me after I left will, perhaps, come back and say hello. LOL yes, I know. Don't hold my breath.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!