Friday, October 10, 2008

Grocery-shopping on a motorcycle

Sometimes we just have to sneak in a ride on the Gold Wing the best way we can. We needed groceries. So Cliff hitched onto the trailer, put the cooler on for frozen stuff, and we headed across the Missouri River to our favorite Wal-mart in Richmond.

Our first stop was Orscheln's, for fifty pounds of sweet feed. Lo and behold, they had some nifty T-shirts marked down to $4 each. Cliff and I will take turns wearing them.

Then to the John Deere dealer to pick up some sort of filters for the garden tractor. Notice that Cliff is always looking at the tractors, even as he walks through the door.

Last stop, Walmart. No problem getting all those groceries in the trailer.

This is my first experiment with adding a slide show onto Blogspot. You can click on any picture to get a better look.


8 comments:

  1. What a great way to go shopping! Saves on gas, you have a nice ride and plenty of room for everything!
    I'm trying to get a slide show finished to put on my site, hopefully next week when I have a little more time I can. Did you go through photobucket?

    You are so right about elderly people needing help in the hospital and nursing homes. I am finding that out more every day! I am finding it hard to hold my tongue but Mom doesn't want me to 'get her and her roommate in trouble'. I don't know what she thinks is going to happen to them. I feel bad for the folks that don't have someone there every day to keep an eye on things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nifty way to get chores done. I was in that WalMart a few weeks back with the cuz from Richmond. Such a friendly place...unlike mine over here in Oz. Boo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went to Walmart today also. I wished I didn't...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I guess it can be done...No bags slinging off your elbows. Awesome. lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. That thing hold more than I thought it would!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like it; how clever to go shopping with a trailer and a motorcycle!! very economical and "green"

    enjoyed the slide show

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous12:05 AM

    WOW!!! what a neat slideshow for pics...you guys sure have alot of fun with that "cycle"...and that makes my day!!! God Bless..hugs..Ora

    ReplyDelete
  8. Taking my bike to the grocery store means I don't get much. My bike is much smaller and I don't have a trailer. However I have done it to pick up the stray item we forgot when we took the car to the store.

    Thanks for all the comments on my blog. Cool hearing from some other semi-local bikers.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!