Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Saving your AOL journal to your computer

Go to THIS SITE and do what it says, beginning with the download of Backstreet Browser (it's free). Be patient once you start, because if you've been journaling for awhile, it's going to be downloading for quite a while.

Oh, and this doesn't save your pictures, since they are stored on AOL FTP space. All my pictures are on my computer anyhow... so I didn't lose them entirely, I just lost them from my journal.

I tried accessing some of the downloaded files with my DSL turned off, and there was my journal! It hasn't finished downloading, but I got back as far as May of this year.

5 comments:

  1. I downloaded backstreet and can't figure out what to do. back street is on my desktop but I am not as smart as you because I can't get it to work. I have Chucks downloaded from yesterday but can't remember what I did but it was simple and got some of his pictures too
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:27 PM

    That's great you can use a free service to save your journal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing this with us!! I am going to give it a try!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You're one tech-savvy lady!

    Everyone that has AOL account who tries this should be appreciating your assistance for save their life's work.

    You deserve a blog award for this and for being a good friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've tried this and can only get the front page of my journal to save. I left a comment for the other blog person and hopefully they can help!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!