Friday, September 06, 2024

Yesterday was a happy day!

Thanks for reading my daughter's story.  And Rachel, thank you for doing it, because I have not had anything to talk about lately... until NOW.  Also, I love you.  

So let me tell you about what a wonderful thing happened a week ago.  In 2009 I bought a washer without an agitator and hated the thing from day one.  It was a top-loader, which may have been why it didn't work very well, but our clothes came out as if they hadn't even been washed.  I bought other products that got them a bit cleaner, but a person shouldn't have to do that.  I know many people who love high-efficiency washers, but mine just wasn't much good.  However, I made the best of it.  Every once in awhile it would put some code up to let me know something was wrong, but I would do one thing and another and get it going again.

Finally, it gave me a code I couldn't figure out how to fix, and the code supposedly wanted me to call a certain phone number.  I have had to put up with that lemon for fifteen years, so I had Cliff take me to Home Depot to get a new washing machine with an agitator.  Of course, I had to wait a week for them to deliver it, but we had enough clothes to wear until it showed up.

Apparently this machine, a Maytag, is also a high efficiency model, according to the information that came with it.  I had assumed that HE meant no agitator.  So it still doesn't waste more water than is needed on the clothes, just like the one I got rid of.  But I was amazed when some kitchen towels that had stains from long ago came out of the washer without stains.  Yes, it was a good day.

It doesn't take much to make my day.  Like my young goat, Louise.

7 comments:

  1. Betty3:39 PM

    I purchased both items a year or so ago. Since I live alone, not on the farm, etc. I didn't need one that had all the options, just me and extra sheets/towels when I have company. Mine are the lower priced GE models. Like you, I was surprised how bright and clean the clothes looked and love, love the precise fill.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't want bells and whistles either

      Delete
  2. Anonymous7:27 PM

    I have a washer with no agitator. I’m afraid I’ll die before it quits. I hate it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly how I've felt for years.

      Delete
  3. I have an ancient machine with an agitator and want to pre-decease it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At your age, you should get yourself a new washer. You are still YOUNG.

      Delete
  4. I hate my no agitator washer. I bought it thinking it could wash comforters. It can, but it doesn't get anything clean. If this washer ever dies, you can bet the next one will have an agitator!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!