Monday, January 29, 2024

Finally, Sunshine

This morning there was a heavy dew on the rooftops, but as I type this, we are at 57°.  Gabe and I walked around the pasture soaking up the rays of the sun for almost an hour.  There was a pretty good breeze that felt fresh and clean on my face.

For whatever reason, we call the grassy place with trees on three sides of it "the Point".  This is the view from the back of our house.

I invited Gabe up onto the stump and told him to sit for a picture.  Blue didn't want to be left out, I suppose.

My boys

Just some of our second-growth timber

It was great to be outside.

I had to quit using my recumbent bike some time back because my replacement knee got to hurting pretty bad when I pedaled.  Today I successfully managed to ride again for 30 minutes without pain; I didn't make it as hard a ride as before.  It's better to do less than do nothing, so I hope this will do the trick.  So far I'm not hurting.

Yesterday I introduced the new song I wrote three weeks ago to both my churches.  I am usually not nervous singing my songs at these small churches, but this song hadn't been tested yet.  It seems like everybody approved of it.  I put my first draft of it in an earlier entry, but I made another video after I got more familiar with it and changed some things, so I'm putting it here.  After writing lyrics for a song, I strum my guitar and try to figure out a tune; then I have to record the song when I've decided on the tune, because I don't know enough about notes to write a tune on paper; having a video of it keeps me using the same tune long enough to get used to it.  I've had a time finding a suitable title, so I guess I'll just call it "My Story".  As I've said before, I am a song writer, not a musician.

10 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:06 PM

    That was wonderful. Very wonderful. Thank you - (a reader in California)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed your song again. I think this one was even better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I had to get acquainted with the tune and words, so this one is better.

      Delete
  3. Anonymous8:21 PM

    Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:48 AM

    I love this one Donna but I love all of your songs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:49 AM

    This is from Ruth Ann ODell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous10:23 AM

    I love to hear you sing. For some reason I go to my happy place, close my eyes and listen. And listen again. God bless you, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whether you want to admit it or not, you have a gift, Donna! It is quite warm here now and I don't like it. (not good for our mountain snow)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so very talented, Donna!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!