Tuesday, January 09, 2024

Winter is showing her fangs


We have at least seven inches of snow.  Now the wind is carrying what will be some very low temperatures to us.  Cliff and I (and Gabe) are on the couch, waiting to see who falls to sleep first.  I really don't intend to go to sleep.  I'm letting my food settle, and then I want to go out and shovel the sidewalks around the house.  

Gabe had a problem this morning getting his morning tasks done, since the snow was much higher than his tummy out back.  I brought him back inside and let him out the front door, where he managed to find a place that didn't have as much snow on it.  Blue the cat came in the house this morning as usual, but he kept going to the back door and reaching for the door handle, then meowing.  I took him through the back door to the back porch, but when I opened that door to let him out, he saw the snow was still there and turned around!  Nevertheless, on the third time he tried that, I nabbed him and put him out.

We had butternut squash soup for dinner.  There were two leftover pieces of corn bread I had put in the freezer, so I got them out to go with our soup.

I have several things that are supposed to come from Amazon today, but I'm not sure they will make it.  I'd almost bet the mail won't go on our road.  That's OK, because I doubt if I'd want to walk through the snow to the mailbox anyway.  I need to get some snow boots; my old Muck boots wore out long ago.  I will probably look for something less expensive than Mucks, now that I don't have any farm animals to chore after.  

I gave Gabe a bath this morning, made the soup, and washed dishes.   

That's about it for this day.  The way the wind is roaring right now, I may forget the sidewalks!  I sure hope our electricity isn't cut off.

Peace.

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:11 PM

    Hope you don't loose power

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous2:13 PM

      Huh it's Ruth Ann don't know why it said annonymous

      Delete
  2. I miss the beauty of the snow, but not the shoveling!! We had a good storm last noght and lost power for awhile. The creek at the bottom of the ravine is twice as wide and rushing quite loudly. I long for Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stay safe! Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh! 7 inches is a LOT! That's a lot to shovel. Please be careful of yourself when you have to clean that off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As it happened, the wind would have blown all the snow right back, so there was only one sheltered bit of the sidewalk that I shoveled. Now I can at least walk from the back porch to the garage without walking through deep snow, and feed the cats.

      Delete
  5. We've got wind and rain, then cold temps and snow coming in. I lost power for a long time today and that wasn't pleasant.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!